Saturday, August 3, 2013

Miss North Carolina, Johna Edmonds, Proudly Showcases Her Native American Heritage.


With a high of 90 degrees, the smell of hot dogs, hamburgers and funnel cakes filling the air, and being welcomed home and congratulated by the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina, this weekend was truly spectacular! I am so proud to come from such a rich and diverse history that has been integral to the shaping of the woman that I am today. I sincerely enjoyed celebrating my culture and being a part of Lumbee homecoming. Congratulations to our newest ambassadors, Kennedy, Mahlea, Genna, Alexis. Each of you will have a fun-filled year that you'll remember for a lifetime. Thank you to all of the wonderful people who have always supported and believed in me. I couldn't have been happier to be back home... in my beautiful little corner of this great state! 
~Johna Edmonds (Lumbee), Miss North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment